Created in Australia by Grande Exhibitions and an international team of experts in sharks, marine biology and oceanographic cinematography – Planet Shark: Predator or Prey is the only comprehensive shark experience to tour the world.
Museum visitors have long been enthralled by our distant past, particularly exhibitions featuring dinosaurs. But we need not go back so far in time to find incredible prehistoric creatures: sharks are one of the oldest and most successful predators ever to have lived, and their story is both fascinating and inspiring. Second only in natural history popularity to a blockbuster dinosaur experience, Planet Shark: Predator or Prey celebrates these astounding creatures in a major exhibition experience created by the experts “Down Under”, that will educate, entertain and amaze visitors.
We have brought together experts in the fields of sharks, aquariums, ocean cinematography and exhibition development to create the most comprehensive shark exhibition ever to tour the world. Great storytelling utilising state-of-the-art technology plunges visitors into the underwater world of sharks in an experience that challenges our fears and improves our understanding of the plight of the world’s most feared predator – the shark.
Produced on a size and scale never seen before, Planet Shark: Predator or Prey includes awe-inspiring shark models cast from real animals, an extraordinary collection of real teeth and jaws, and extremely old and rare fossils – some up to 370 million years old. Using an array of high-definition projectors and video footage combined with a cinema-quality audio narrative, we have created an unique “out of water” shark experience that beautifully complements the artefact display.
Planet Shark: Predator or Prey provides unique explanations and examinations of almost every aspect of the shark, from evolution and biology to popular culture and the destructive fin trade; visitors will gain a whole new level of respect for the oceans oldest and most effective predator.
HOSTING THE EXPERIENCE
- Under license from Grande Exhibitions
- Commercial terms and pricing are subject to duration, venue and operational requirements
- Planet Shark: Predator or Prey is ideally suited to venues of approximately 850-1,000 m2 or more (850-10,000 ft2 or more) and ceiling heights of 4.5 m (16 ft), however it is highly adaptable for smaller spaces.
- Freight consists of 4 x 12 m (40 ft) shipping containers (subject to change, based on freight origin).
- Installed with on-site supervision by Grande Exhibitions curators and technicians