Da Vinci – Inventions
Created under the auspices of the Museo Leonardo da Vinci – Rome, Italy, and with the assistance of a number of experts in Italy, the Da Vinci – Inventions exhibition brings to life the genius of Leonardo as an inventor, artist, scientist, anatomist, engineer, architect, sculptor and philosopher.
The main differences between Da Vinci – The Genius and Da Vinci – Inventions is scale: the Da Vinci Inventions exhibition offers a smaller footprint and focuses on Leonardo’s inventions and engineering principles.
Working from Leonardo’s codices, Italian Artisans have faithfully crafted interactive and life-size machine inventions. These works include the first concepts of a car, bicycle, helicopter, glider, parachute, SCUBA, submarine, a forerunner to the modern military tank and an ideal city, to name a few.
A high definition recreation of The Last Supper at actual size (29 x 14.5ft) is an impressive display that complements the entertaining and educational animation presentations of the Vitruvian Man and one of Leonardo’s most ambitious projects – the Sforza horse sculpture.
Suitable for all ages, this amazing exhibition provides a fascinating insight into not only the mind of a genius, but also into the fundamental scientific and artistic principles that he discovered. Da Vinci – Inventions is an inspiration for the whole family.’
- 150+ exquisite pieces in total
- 75 large scale machine inventions, many interactive
- 16 themed areas identify the breadth of Leonardo’s work
- Hands-on interactives encourage tactile learning experiences
- Explains the theory and objective behind each of Leonardo’s designs
- Presents analysis and history of Leonardo’s key artworks using engaging and entertaining technologies
- Highlights the parallels between Leonardo’s work and modern technology and engineering
Hosting The Exhibition
- Under license from Grande Exhibitions
- Commercial terms and pricing are subject to duration, venue and operational requirements
- Venue space is flexible – from 400 m² / 4,000 ft², preferably larger
- The exhibition is ideally suited to venues of approximately 500 m² (5,000 ft²), however it is highly adaptable for both smaller or larger spaces.
- The exhibition is ideally suited to minimum ceiling heights of 4.5 m (15 ft), however the versatility of the display allows for both lower or higher ceilings.
- Installed with on-site supervision by Grande Exhibitions curators and technicians